Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yes, an Extra Panel, alas

I was initially tempted to just add an extra panel, but decided that was too lazy, and that I’d extend each piece by an inch or three.  But when I held each piece up to my body, the need for an extra panel become even more apparent.  I have large hips. Seriously large.  Denying it will only make this pattern look stupid on me, so I’m going to own up to it and add an extra side panel.  That will make a total of 2 front panels and 2 back panels for each side.  My only concern is that the number will change this beautiful pattern from its present strong-yet-dainty look into something ugly.  I hope not.  The front side bone will stay in place, the back side bone will also stay where it is, the only difference will be an additional bone or two running down the added side seam.  I can live with that.  When I make this pattern again, I’ll try adding the inches to each panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment