Friday, January 21, 2011

The Carine Roitfeld Skirt

 


Lately, I've been obsessed with this Frenchwoman's style, and so has everyone else, apparently.  I scrutinized at least 40 or so pictures that I could find of her.  What I found is that she is always dressed to the nines, she likes to push limits with edgy things but always pulls whatever-it-is just (barely) back from some over-the-top danger zone by being conservative & tasteful someplace else.  Also, her individual pieces always have some element of the fabulous.  The most often-sighted (by me) piece that she relies on again and again is some form of black pencil skirt.  So, here is the start of the Carine Roitfeld skirt.

What makes it Edwardian?  I'm going to add some black velvet trim to the bottom with a sprinkle of vintage jet beading at the knees.  What makes it Edwardian is also what makes it fabulous is also what makes it Carine.

In a mad dash to get something completed, I'm selecting a See & Sew from my pattern stash: B5169.

No comments:

Post a Comment