Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day the First

First, some particulars.

I simply love that suddenly over the knee, puss-in-boots boots have made a strong comeback.  (Stronger than the first time around, I’ve actually seen them on the street and not just in movies.)  I have huge calves.  All boots were running at 16.5 inches circumferences, and my calves measure nothing smaller than 18.5.  So, dear readers, know that you are dealing with a substantial woman. 

Like most sewing folk, I prefer natural fibers, but will cheat if I find something visually fun on sale.  I love leather, but use it sparingly, re-using whenever possible.

I work part-time on an as-needed basis. That has left little money for food, shelter or clothing, so this will be Edwardian Austerity, or genteel poverty, or however you choose to term it.  To be fair, I do have a number of nice things in my current stash and wardrobe to select from.

So, there you go: extra weight, natural fibers, austere budget. 

Should be challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment