Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Mock-up for 1918



Yes, the extra panel was a good idea.  The main part of this corset girdle covers my largest asset quite completely, but what I hadn’t bargained on was the “mini skirt” effect of the garment.  Yuck. Not flattering!  I’ll pin the bottom in closer to my body where it flares out to conform it to my upper thighs better.

And yes, that's a boned, flat-felled seam on the right hand side of the picture and an unfortunate mistake on the left hand side of the picture.  That's what I get for talking while cutting.  See ya' seam allowances!



In terms of fit and flattery, I found Edwardian Promenade that addresses period diet and even a whole show in the UK devoted to Victorian/Edwardian reducing.  Wow!  Chew thoroughly and slowly!  Drink your water!  Take a daily constitutional!  Put your corset on!  Exercise!  Sweat!  (Funny, nothing new, here.)  However, I'm really glad I don't have to spit half my food out into a cup.  I wonder if cool showers would help for weight reduction?  They seem to be helping on The Diets that Time Forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment